Automotive and Building Aerodynamics
Due to the lockdown the lecture will be given online via the ISIS platform. Please register here.
The introductory lecture will take place this Friday at 12:30 h via zoom:
The course deals with flows around blunt bodies, which either move along the ground (e.g. automobiles, trucks, trains) or lie stationary in the path of a flow (e.g. buildings).
- Introduction to the aerodynamics of blunt bodies.
- Fundamental mechanisms for lift and drag of automobiles.
- Methods of reducing drag by means of lift production.
- Aspects to the design of automobiles taking into account the flow around and through the body.
- Overview of numeric and experimental methods of investigation.
- Performance of wind tunnel investigations on vehicle models
- Introduction of the aerodynamics of high-speed trains
- Introduction to the fluid mechanics of buildings in a flow
- Fundamentals of fluid dynamics
- Basic understanding of English
- Integrated course, 2 STE (4 SWS, 6 ECTS)
- Group work, for presentations and lab reports
- Languages: English (German)
- Exam: Oral exam with Prof. Paschereit