Automotive and Building Aerodynamics
The introductory lecture will take place Tuesday, 13 April 14:15 h via zoom:
The course deals with flows around blunt bodies, which either move along the ground (e.g. automobiles, trucks, trains) or lie stationary in the path of a flow (e.g. buildings).
- Introduction to the aerodynamics of blunt bodies.
- Fundamental mechanisms for lift and drag of automobiles.
- Methods of reducing drag by means of lift production.
- Aspects to the design of automobiles taking into account the flow around and through the body.
- Overview of numeric and experimental methods of investigation.
- Performance of wind tunnel investigations on vehicle models
- Introduction of the aerodynamics of high-speed trains
- Introduction to the fluid mechanics of buildings in a flow
- Fundamentals of fluid dynamics
- Basic understanding of English
- Integrated course, 2 STE (4 SWS, 6 ECTS)
- Group work, for presentations and lab reports
- Languages: English (German)
- Exam: Oral exam with Prof. Paschereit