Inhalt des Dokuments
Combustor geometry and turbine map optimization for gas turbines with constant volume combustion
Optimum turbine inlet flow conditions are highly important for maximizing the efficiency of gas turbines with constant volume combustion. The goal of the project is an optimization of the combustor outlet geometry as well as an investigation on turbine operation behavior for the optimum outlet geometry.
Aims and tasks
- Development of an optimization process for combustor outlet geometries including various designs like nozzles, expanders and convergent-divergent nozzles.
- Investigation of turbine operation for identified optimum geometries.
- Good knowledge of fluid mechanics and thermodynamics.
- Experience with Matlab and Simulink programming.
- Basic knowledge of gas turbine theory.